Thursday, October 10, 2013

Welshans signs with Campbellsville


By CHARLIE HUST
Former WCHS soccer standout and current Madisonville-North Hopkins star Shawna Welshans will be taking her soccer talents to Campbellsville University next fall.
The talented senior signed with the Lady Tigers over the weekend after several visits to other schools.
Welshans, who transferred to Madisonville last season, will complete her high school career with over 60 goals and 50 assists. She noted that Campbellsville was a great fit with a top-notch nursing program as well as the opportunity to travel abroad with Christian mission trips.
She also was quick to thank her coaches, teachers and teammates both past and present.

“I love my friends and teammates at Webster County, those were fantastic years in my life and I will never forget them,” Welshans stated. “I also want to thank my current teammates at Madisonville, they’ve accepted me and made the move so easy.”
Campbellsville competes in the rugged Mid-South Conference and has become a NAIA powerhouse in women’s soccer. The Lady Tigers currently own a 6-3-1 record and sit atop the Mid-South Conference with a 3-2 record, including three consecutive shutouts.
Shawna is the daughter of Tom and Mindy Welshans of Hanson.